Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hummus



I once tried making humus from dried beans and it did not nearly work as well!! Maybe I will try it again, because this recipe turned out great! I'd definitely bring this out for tv days with friends and fam.

1 can of Goya Gorgonzola beans
2 tablespoons tahini <- some say you can substitute with peanut butter. I found this in the organic aisle.
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons garlic
Zest and juice of half a lemon
Half a teaspoon Pepper
Half a teaspoon Salt

All of this can just be thrown into a blender. (How easy - no cooking or real order! My kind of recipe!!) This is when it should get that nice creamy texture. 

I added the salt, pepper and lemon last so that I could continuously taste until I had it how I wanted it. I ended up adding more salt and some Italian seasoning. 

This is a cool recipe for Humus as it is so basic. My guy friends asked me to make this again, but with peppers! I think I would have liked it more if I added some chopped up olives* at the end, but not everyone loves olives...

* I had never heard the olive theory until recently, that one person in a relationship loves olives and the other hates them - test it out with your friends, the theory tests true for mine!

#yum cannot wait to make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment