Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lemon Sauce Pasta and Salmon

Lemon Sauce Pasta and Salmon

30 minute meal - Preheat oven 425

Boil two large pots of water:
One for steamed veg (asparagus pairs well with this meal!)
One for pasta

Prep salmon by sprinkling lemon pepper, fresh lemon thyme, parsley, and the juice of half of a lemon over salmon. Stick salmon into oven once preheated.

After ten minutes, pour pasta into boiling pot. Add some fresh scallions.

Put bottoms of Asparagus into steam pot.

After an additional five minutes, stick tops of asparagus into the steam pot.

Start making sauce. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter down with the remainder of the herbs and other half of the lemon (see picture for reference). I also added a teaspoon of coconut oil - told you I'd be sneaking it in when possible! After three minutes simmering, add 2 tablespoons of flour. After this blends, add a cup of milk and let boil for a minute. Stir continuously.

Turn off pasta, drain, rinse and return to pot. Add sauce mixture.

Next take asparagus off heat and pull out salmon.

Take sauce pot and put straight into sink with water - so it'll be easier to clean once your meal is over!

An "A" from Dad and a "4.0" from Mom. Yum :) 

4 comments:

  1. yum! Salmon and veggies is one of my favorite dishes. Your lemon sauce sounds amazing!! And good for you for sneaking in coconut oil where you can :) oh and yes, m'mam if you'd like to join the 5K def sign up!! I'll be posting more on it tomorrow and next week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Salmon is by far my favorite fish. & I had never tried this sauce before! I didn't have any whipping cream on hand, so I decided to try a new sauce recipe. I'll head over and sign up now! Thanks :) Sounds like fun!

      Delete
  2. umm amazing-- need this now! salmon is our favorite. love your blog! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I'm a huge fan of yours as well - feelings are mutual!

    ReplyDelete