Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Influenster

After reading some blogs I decided to try a program called Influenster. It's pretty cool - you get a box of free items and get to try them. You're more likely to get picked for the program if you write reviews through their platform. I received a box of items to try in what they call a "voxbox."


  1. Secret - clear gel deodorant 
  2. Oasis - hair product
  3. NYC - Gloss
  4. TastyKake
  5. Nicole Scherzinger - Nail





I am pretty brand loyal to my deodorant, so I guess it's a cool idea for Secret to use Influenster to get various demographics to try it. Unfortunately, I am not a gel deodorant gal. I am sure one of my sisters will love to try it. I also do not use any hair product besides shampoo, conditioner, and coconut oil - I am not above trying this no-poo trend. So I am going to gift the Oasis "Rough Rubber, Strong Control" to one of my guy friends who I know will love it. It really does seem like a great product - salon exclusive: promising soft separation and rough texture.  The nails are pretty phenomenal, the color "Just Say Yes" is right up my ally.  However, they supposedly last only for a week, and my nails were longer than these fakes. I think I am going to gift the remaining nails to a younger cousin as there are 24 nails in a pack.


I do love two items in the box. The first item is the NYC - Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm. I am addicted to it and wear it whenever possible now. It lasts a few hours which is nice. The gloss needs to be blotted or will come off on coffee cups, which is to be expected from a gloss. The color has a bit more of a punchy red tone than a similar color Nars - Orgasm, which looks great on just about everyone. I never would have tried an NYC product after stabbing myself with one of their hard eyeliners, but this is one product I am happy with. The product boasts the apple core which contains Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Avocado Oil to give an added boost of health. I've been wearing the gloss as a chap-stick because of the moisture and smoothness it gives my lips. 


The other product I enjoyed was the TastyKake. I love chocolate. However, after seeing the calories (260!) I was determined to just eat half today and save the rest for later this week. Unfortunately, I was typing up this  blog post, and mindlessly ate the entire thing! It says it comes in Peanut Butter, Peppermint and S'mores. Clearly, the S'more TastyKake is delish. I am pretty sure that the Peppermint would taste even better. Really fluffy cake covered in chocolate with a cream filling - almost like a hostess cup! Excuse me while I go run a couple miles to work that off now ;)


Worth the extra mile.
Week  4 Squat Challenge : 130, 135, 140   




No comments:

Post a Comment