Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lasagna

Joe was supposed to come home from work and show me how to make Lasagna. However, he stopped to get gas, so he was a bit late. I had already started boiling the pasta strips (putting in a decent bit of salt and olive oil so that the noodles didn't stick together) and browned the meat mix (hamburg meat and sweet Italian sausage). So I was either going to be left with noodles that stuck together or a imperfect lasagna trial mess... you know me, I tried the later.

After the meat was browning for a bit, I added minced garlic, cilantro, Italia seasonings, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper.

Near the end of the browning period, I added a cut up red pepper.

At the very end, I also cooked up some spinach. Three heaping handfuls, it literally heats up to nothing. After this was cooked a bit, I added it into the meat mixture. By this time, the pasta strips were almost done.

I strained the pasta strips and waited for them to cool a bit.

Joe walked in as I started layering. Thank God, or I would not have started with a layer of sauce!

We took out a pan, sprayed the bottom with Pam. Then we put the cup of sauce down. We used a Roasted Peppers and Garlic Sauce.

We put down 4 strips across the pasta sauce, then a layer of the cheese mix, layer of the meat, layer of sauce, layer of 4 pasta strips across, layer of cheese mix, layer of meat, layer of sauce, layer of 4 strips across, layer of sauce, sprinkled mozzarella.

The cheese mix was made from a bag of shredded mozzarella, 15oz ricotta cheese can,  light Italia seasoning and an egg.

Really good for a first try! The only bad part was that I cracked the egg into the cheese mixture... instead of cracking it into a separate bowl. A piece of egg shell was left and Joe just happened to get it. Winner Winner? oops

No comments:

Post a Comment