Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Spiders

I hate Halloween. I cannot stand the Holiday at all. The idea of scary masks covering up the faces of those I love is literally scarring for me. I still remember my great aunt Alice showing up at my house to help my parents hand out candy with a scream mask on.

That doesn't mean I haven't had great Halloweens. Some good memories include: freshman year dressing up with my pledge sisters, my father's 60th Halloween bash, dressing up as gypsies with my xc team and running through Spider Gates.

But I truly cannot stand Halloween - this is coming from a girl who hates to even watch scary movies. Sleeping Beauty is as scary as it gets by choice. I really dislike my friends who have made me sit through T.V. shows like Walking Dead and American Horror Story. More recently those who made me go through a haunted house in Salem while all I wanted to do was go on the foliage cruise! The Haunted House, really was not that scary. I was more afraid of my friends who kept poking me when people jumped out and made noises!


I don't think I have dressed up the same as a previous year yet. Sunflower, pumpkin, cheerleader, cowgirl, witch, sailor moon, gypsy, group fruit of loom (I was the banana) hermione, Greek goddesses, unicorns, etc. Can't wait for my costume Saturday night!


I made my Grandmother's spiders this evening. They are so good! Melt the butterscotch in the microwave in a casserole dish. Stir with a wooden spatula every 20 seconds for two mins. Add hot water to a large metal bowl and place casserole dish inside. Then add nuts and stir into mix until covered. Be careful when adding the noodles. Then daintily drop onto wax paper. Easy treat to help get a party into the ghostly spirit!




No comments:

Post a Comment