Friday, October 21, 2011

Sinfully Smooth Pumpkin Cupcakes


I got back to the room about 12:30 am - still not entirely sure what prompted this, but I started carving a pumpkin. I pulled out all the seeds and strings, and then cut up the sides in to small chunks and boiled it for close to a half hr. I roasted the seeds while I was boiling the pumpkin. (See Salted & Roasted Pumpkin Seeds)
First, started mashing the pumpkin, (I cheated and pulled out the magic bullet).
Then, sifted the flour once alone. Adding the baking powder, salt, and spices. I then sifted this through once more, and then once again. 
Next, Cream shortening, gradually adding sugar until light. Beating egg into the mix, and finally adding the dry ingredients which is with the milk and pumpkin.
Lastly, add that handful of dark chocolate chips for the sweet tooth.
Bake for 20-25 mins - 12 cupcakes - 375
**This is the first time I had used the little rubber muffin tins which I received from my sister-pal** Love!
1 Cup Flour 
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2/3 c sugar
1 egg unbeaten
1/2 c cooked strained pumpkin
2 tsp milk
1/4 c shortening
Handful of mini chocolate chips.
12:30 am turned into 3:30/4 am sooo ensure you have enough time, or you can boil one day and bake the next. Like I said, no idea what possessed me, but I am glad whatever it was, did. They were delicious for breakfast and when I went home to visit my father he was more than excited to receive some of his grandmother’s treats for his birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment