Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Washington D.C.


A friend of mine is driving across the country this summer. When I heard his first destination was Washington, DC I immediately asked if I could join. We arrived in DC around 12 AM, he dropped me off at my cousins in Alexandria soon after. 
My Cousin took me on a tour of the Monuments by Midnight, it was gorgeous. However, the heat index was still outrageously high and we were left famished, desiring icecream upon finishing. 
Breakfast: Clydette’s | Scene: Young 30’s, Casually Dressy | $$
The following morning we had brunch at Clydette;s with my cousin’s roommate. My cousin insisted the cinnamon dusted French Toast was phenomenal, but I took the waitress’ advice and opted for eggs Benedict stacked on a steak filletstacked on a thin piece of toast. If that doesn’t make your mouth water, you seriously are not living. My cousin’s roommate ordered a Bloody Mary, which was also one of the better mixed tomato drinks I’ve had in awhile. Word of advice? IF you’re in DC and worked up an appetite? Stop here for Breakfast, you won’t regret it. 
Breakfast: Petit le Bon | Scene: Business, teens to go, Lady 40+ sit down | $
Subpar for a french bistro.  The restaurant was run by spanish speaking individuals (which I thought funny). Good place to sit and read the paper. A Business interview was occurring there between two early 30 year old women. Nice buzz, ordered a Au chocolate Croissant and an iced lemon tea. The croissant was very heavy, not light/flaky which was a bit of a disappointment. Could do without stopping there, but if in the area certainly not a poor choice to spend an hr.
Dinner: Rocklands | Scene: Casual (availiable for to-go) | $
I ordered a grilled chicken with greens which was pretty decent for under 10$ along with a side of sweet potato fries. I am a sweet potato fry connoisseur, so do not take this next bit of advice lightly… do not order, they just did not quite meet standards. They were a bit soggy, not crisp. My cousin ordered pulled pork, which she loves, along with her personal favorite potato salad. I should have taken her advice when she informed that the potato salad here, “is to die for.” She also ordered the Mac&Cheese, which neither of us ended up touching. IF you need something cheap & filling? Stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment