Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Budapest

BudaBudaBuda Rocking Everywhere

I am slightly obsessed with this beautiful city. We stayed at the Big Fish. This city is definitely where I felt like a fish out of water. The people all relatively dressed American, it was weird. I saw more flip flops, jeans, old clothes, etc. That being said, I also saw so many more 'coffin dodgers.' Literally, I saw more older American tourists than anywhere else we've gone. Little old men and women supporting their little old organizations with their hats: Audubon Society, National Geographic Society, and of course Red Hat Society. Note: They make the best frappes in this country. Surprisingly def the most amazing coffee mixtures! (above) Parliament in  all its glory! The second day we were there I woke up early and went on a Bike tour with a tour group of about 30 swedes, it was great!


Coffee Foodie Cartoon



Hero's Square
(Where I learned not to clink glasses when you cheers!)

Budapest is known for its baths; however, we did not have time to enjoy their healing mineral powers. We definitely did not have enough time to explore this beautiful city, but then again we didn't really have enough time to explore anywhere that we went. Just enough time to get a taster and in the meantime learn some of the ins-and-outs of traveling Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment